🌎 Happy #EarthDay, fellow Earthlings! 🌳 This weekend, let’s unite to protect our beautiful planet. Reduce, reuse, recycle, conserve energy, and choose sustainable options! 🚴♂️🌱 Every small action counts towards a greener future.
At Landform, we have a SensiblyGreen® approach that paves the way to create a more sustainable future. Here are a few ways how our award-winning team puts it into action:
- Sustainable Site Selection: We collaborate with our clients to create memorable places that minimize the environmental impact and protect local ecosystems. Our team helps our clients avoid building on pristine habitats, wetlands, or other ecologically sensitive areas by focusing on developing brownfield sites or repurposing existing sites.
- Green Building Materials: We guide our clients and partners in selecting sustainable, eco-friendly materials and processes that have a low environmental impact.
- Energy Efficiency: Our designs help our clients prioritize energy efficiency, incorporating passive solar design principles, energy-efficient lighting (like what we did for Wings Financial in Rochester, Minnesota), and incorporating renewable energy systems like solar panels or geothermal heating.
- Water Conservation: Our SensiblyGreen® approach emphasizes water-saving strategies like rainwater harvesting systems. We also promote drought-tolerant landscaping and efficient irrigation systems to minimize water consumption outdoors.
- Smart Transportation: Our $80M mixed-use development project, The Ascent at Top of the Hill in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, has an environment that fosters carpooling or using public transit to reduce the carbon footprint. We also advise our clients to provide bike racks and support infrastructure for alternative transportation methods in their developments.
- Environmental Training and Awareness: The Landform team is passionate about sustainable construction practices and the importance of environmental stewardship. To help build an environment of growth and innovation, we provide training and resources to help them implement sustainable techniques in our client’s projects.
By following these tips on Earth Day and beyond, the Landform team contributes significantly to a more sustainable future for our planet.
Contact us today, and let’s #SustainOurEarth together! 🌍💙