It’s St. Patrick’s Day!
Today is St. Patrick’s Day and here are a few little-known fun facts about the holiday.
- Blue was the color originally associated with St. Patrick, but green is now favored.
- The first St. Patrick’s Day parade in the American colonies was held in New York City on this day in 1762.
- Patrick’s Day is the traditional day for planting peas, even in the snow!
- Cabbage seeds are often planted today, too, and old-time farmers believed that to make them grow well, you needed to plant them while wearing your nightclothes!
Our latest commercial at the Frauenshuh Cancer Center
The garden is a living, growing, seasonal space that has become popular with staff, patients, and wildlife alike.
Landform continues to act as the consultant landscape architect and provides annual design services each spring to guide maintenance and incorporate new elements, such as donated plaques or sculptures, and to update and fill in planting materials as needed.
You can enjoy our latest commercial at https://www.youtube.com/watch?rel=0v=5_CZND55IPs&t=1s.
Join Team Landform!
The Landform team is growing and about to become even more dynamic.
You’re a fit if you’re passionate and interested in doing innovative and purposeful work that matters. If you align with our values – quality, leadership, relationships, mentorship, and enthusiasm and are positive, collaborative, and have plenty of pizzazz – we should talk.
At Landform, you can:
- FORM YOUR PATH. Together, we’ll work to achieve your ideal career, including how your hard work will be rewarded.
- FORM YOUR TEAM. It’s less about traditional hierarchy and more about collaborating toward the right solution.
- FORM YOUR FUTURE. Your immersive experiences prepare you with skills to take on your future – including a unique portfolio and proficiency working with cutting-edge tools.
Survey Field Technician
We are immediately hiring a Field Technician who will join our growing Survey Department.
Qualified candidates must be team players with good communication skills and can work directly with field crews.
If you’re positive, collaborative, and have plenty of pizazz – apply today to get started.
Survey Department Lead (RLS)
The Survey Department Lead is a licensed land surveyor responsible for coordinating the entire Land Survey Department and Aerial Operations Team.
Day-to-day tasks will include distributing and managing projects and providing guidance and review to other project managers. A primary duty will be reviewing and signing surveys and plats.
Apply today to get started.
St. Patrick’s Day tradition
Our very own Residential Studio Lead, Todd, shares a St. Patrick’s Day tradition he and his fiance enjoy.
Typically every St. Patrick’s Day, we may go out together for a traditional Irish dinner, but this year – we’ve decided to stay home and prepare something just for the two of us.
Tonight, we’re preparing creamed corned beef on toast with boiled potatoes as we celebrate the Detroit Red Wings beating the Carolina Hurricanes (aka “Canes”) last night.
It’s also my brother’s birthday today – so happy birthday, Timothy!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
From all of us at Landform, we would like to share an age-old Irish quote.
“May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future.”