As an industry leader in Minnesota for nearly 30 years, we highly recommend having a solid plan and utilizing the right tools if you’re planning on touring the Parade of Homes and Remodelers Showcase this spring. To help you make the most out of your tour, we have compiled some easy tips to help you tour like a pro:
- Do your research ahead of time: Before attending, research the Parade of Homes website to get an idea of what will be homes on the tour. They also have comprehensive directories to provide all the information you need. For example, you can use their directory to search for homes in a city you love, preferred builders or remodelers, or by the type of home (maybe your forever home) you’re interested in. So be sure to make a list of everything you’re interested in touring, and take note of their locations.
- Dress comfortably and appropriately: Wear comfortable clothing and shoes that allow walking around and exploring the properties without discomfort. Dress appropriately for the weather, as some events may be held outdoors. Also, you should wear a slip-on shoe or boot to help keep the homes clean and amazing for everyone attending.
- Take pictures: Be sure to take lots of photos of the properties. This helps you remember details about each one.
- Ask questions: When touring a property, don’t be afraid to ask questions about the home’s features, construction, and history with the on-site representatives.
- Take lots of notes: Take notes on the property’s strengths, features you love, and any other details that may be important to remember when you’re done.
- Follow up afterwards: After touring a property, we suggest you follow up with the representatives to ask any additional questions about your dream home. Keep in mind are pretty busy this time of the year, so it’s essential to reach out promptly to avoid missing out on potential opportunities.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to tour the Parade of Homes and Remodelers Showcase like a seasoned pro.
Now have fun!